- How long have you been dieting? How much weight have you lost? How many times have you lost it.
- Have you ever lost weight and then gained it back plus some?
- In fact, that phenomenon is so common, that it probably is super familiar to you
- But what do we do? We have an obesity epidemic in this country!
- You know what's interesting? All the countries who are most obese and also the most common to...DIET!
- It's not that we are dieting because we are obese. We are obese because we are dieting!
- Here's how it works:
1) You want to lose weight so you diet
2) You lose some weight, but some of it creeps back on
3) So you diet again, and this time it's harder. The magic is gone. It's like you have less willpower this time, and you end up not sticking to it as well
4) Because you have been dieting, you have been eating less, so your metabolism is slower, and you have been losing some muscle along with the fat
5) So when you go back to "normal eating" your weight comes back faster because you burn fewer calories (less muscle & slower metabolism)
6) This freaks you out so you diet harder, more extreme, and more rigid
7) And because of your survival insticts, this drives your body to crave a ton of food, high in sugar and carbs, and you start thinking about food all the time
8) So you cut your calories even more, now to just try to recover from binging
9) After a few months or years, you are the highest weight you have ever been, you can't stick to a diet for more than a few days, and when you are off your diet, you gain weight quicker than ever before.
- Do you see how this can turn into obesity? That's why stepping out of this cycle is so important. It's not that you have to give up on your health, it's that the way you are "getting healthy" is actually what is making you obese!
- If you have been trying to push the reset button on your relationship with food, but are struggling, we would be happy to help you. Pop over to www.LydiaWente.com/apply and snag a spot for a free 45 min session.