You know that the BIGGEST obstacle people have to eating healthy is?
And I have asked literally HUNDREDS of my clients...
THEY ARE BUSY
Yup, it's not knowledge, motivation, skills...any of that. We are just BUSY. And eating healthy takes a bit more time and work.
So, let's cut down on the time & work shall we?
I give to you, the GRAB SALAD. A simple way to cut out some prep.
STEP #1 GATHER MATERIALS
Get your stuff together. Sunday's work great for me. Prep for the week.
- Salad greens
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped Apple
- Slivered Almonds
- Black Beans
- Chopped Celery
- Sweet (like a vinaigrette)
- Savory (like a ranch)
- Whatever you like from the deli. Get it sliced and in a package.
STEP #2 ASSEMBLE!
Get out a few containers with a lid.
- Put the dressing in the bottom
- Then 2 toppings on top (fruit and nut, or a veggie and bean)
- Then the greens at the top!
- Pop on the lid
Now I have seen this done in mason jars. And I must say it LOOKS so pretty. But have you ever tried to eat a salad out of a mason jar? Imagine that now.
I say, save a dish and use a container that you can eat out of too.
STEP #3 SHAKE & GRAB
- When ready to eat, shake it all up! The green won't be soggy because of how you assembled it. Everything will get freshly coated with the dressing.
- Then grab your lunch meat, use it like an hot pad, and grab the salad!
- You just made yourself a salad taco. No fork required and protein with every bite.
STEP #4 KEEP BEING BUSY
- Yah, you are busy. Use your extra time to get some stuff done!
- You made a bunch of salads at once, so you cut down on all your "get stuff out of the fridge and chop"
- You pre decided what to make your salads with thus cutting down the "well now what do I want to put on this salad" time
- You saved on washing dishes because you literally just have that one container (not even a fork!)
- You wanted a salad, you grabbed a container, shook it, took a piece of lunch meat, grabbed that salad, and enjoyed your fresh and healthy "taco"
- You rock